Under Building Alliance for Local Advancement, Development, and Investment (BALADI) Program
A – BACKGROUND
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded Rene Moawad Foundation (RMF) the ‘Building Alliance for Local Advancement, Development, and Investment (BALADI) Program’ CA No. AID-268-A-12-00004 on September 30, 2012.
RMF-awarded BALADI program implementation period extends to January 21, 2022, and aims at improving the delivery of public services by local government, fostering the process of democratic decentralization that facilitates greater direct participation by the citizens in governance, and encouraging users in local decisions to look positively at environmental and gender equity practices thus transforming municipalities in Lebanon into effective agents for leading local socio-economic development through democratic engagement of the civic sector and citizenry.
B – SCOPE OF WORK
Under the BALADI program, the Socio-Economic and Local Development Consultant Scope of Work comprises:
- Assist BALADI in developing a feasibility study for pre-selected projects, based on input from RMF team and the Municipality, and available engineering studies.
- Assist BALADI projects’ implementing parties (municipalities and their respective partners, project committees, beneficiaries, potential operating parties, and others) in drafting their operation and management plans as needed.
- Whenever needed, and upon request from RMF:
a. Offer Short Term Technical Assistance (STTAs) to BALADI participating and targeted municipalities by respective projects and as identified by RMF. The STTA topics include, but not limited to:
- Institutional Planning and Management.
- Project Management.
- Strategic Planning.
- Sources and tools for projects’ sustainability.
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, Budgeting and other financial concerns.
- Feasibility Studies.
Note that STTAs will depend on the required and needed terms of reference and expertise determined during the course of implementation and based on the nature of the municipal project to be implemented.
b. Provide linkages to potential private sector and support public private partnership to ensure projects sustainability,
C – WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The Socio-Economic and Local Development Consultant shall report to and receive overall policy guidance from the RMF BALADI Deputy Program Director. He / she shall work closely with the RMF BALADI Deputy Program Director and together they will plan key implementation activities as required.
D – TITLE OF PROPERTY
All outputs produced by the Socio-Economic and Local Development Consultant under this Scope of Work, including, but not limited to data, materials, writings, reports, outlines, drafts, any other materials or deliverables, is the intellectual property of RMF.
E – QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience of 10 years minimum in economic studies
- Experience of 3 years minimum in local development
- Excellent knowledge of the Lebanese economy
- Higher education in the field of economics, business, or related fields
- Demonstrable interest in economics and how economics addresses real world problems
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to produce accurate facts, figures and reports
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English, and in spoken Arabic
F – TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL PROPOSAL
- The technical proposal shall include:
- Brief methodology of how the deliverables will be approached and completed.
- Reference list of similar outputs delivered.
- Financial proposal, as per the following table:
|Operation and Management plan
The Financial proposal shall mention terms of payment.
- Proposal(s) shall be submitted soft copy by email to [email protected]
- Proposal(s) Submission Deadline: 16-07-2020 COB
RMF looks forward to receiving your proposals.
You may download the application here