Subject: Terms of Reference – Design and supervision of Mlikh Generator project
Deadline: Wednesday March 23, 2021
DOWNLOAD THE FULL DOCUMENT HERE
The project “Install a back-up electricity distribution network for the village residents – Mlikh, Jezzine” is under the Building Alliance for Local Advancement Development and Investment (BALADI) program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Rene Moawad Foundation (RMF).
- Location of the Project and Present Situation
Mlikh is a typical village located in Jezzine District (80 km away from Beirut).
The village does not currently have any back-up electricity distribution system to cover the blackout hours, which average 8 hours per day. Mlikh Municipality owns a 250 KVA diesel generator that is currently being used for street lighting only.
This project entails the procurement and installation of a back-up electricity distribution network to provide village residents with back-up electricity during blackout hours from the existing 250KVA diesel generator; total subscribers will be 250.
The solution includes supplying and installing areal cabling using the existing poles, and a main Panel that will be located next to the existing generator of 250 KVA, including earthing and accessories to ensure a complete solution. (Photos of the existing components in Annex 2).
The services of a qualified and experienced individual consultant electrical engineer or consulting firm is required for the following tasks:
- Design phase: (deadline for the first submission: 2 weeks)
- Design of all the components including main distribution panels and calculations for cables and sizing related accessories.
- Preparation of the tender documents.
- Amending the documents above as many times as needed until full clearance from RMF/USAID.
- Site visits as needed.
- Bids evaluation phase: (deadline until full completion: 5 working days)
- Reviewing bids and preparing an evaluation report.
- Coordinating with RMF Procurement Department for clarifications from bidders as needed.
- Execution phase:
- Supervision of works, coordination with the equipment supplier.
- Reviewing contractor’s submittals (material, shop drawings, methodology, etc.), requesting resubmittals until complete documentation is produced.
- Site visits and inspections as needed.
- Reviewing requests for payment from the contractor.
- Reviewing the project documentation (submittals, executed v/s initial BOQ, as-built drawings, final inspection, warranties, etc.) and ensuring its completion in line with RMF procedure prior to submittal to USAID.
- Answering technical comments from USAID until clearance, in coordination with RMF team.
- Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 10+ years professional experience in design and supervision of similar projects.
- Qualified in language and writing skills and ability to produce high quality professional reports, and technical summaries.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in the office and travel on-location.
- Mastery of computerized tools, specifically with Autocad, Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
References for similar projects during the past five years have to be provided.
- Financial proposition:
Financial proposition shall be included in the following table:
|Quotation in USD
Terms of payment have to be provided with the financial proposition.
CV, reference list, and financial proposition shall be sent to [email protected] by the deadline mentioned above.